Medical marketing is a highly specialised field of marketing that requires advanced knowledge of:
- the various medical specialties
- procedures and conditions (and their relevant demographics)
- the triaging and referral pathways of acute vs. elective cases
- private health insurance dynamics
- supply and demand of competing facilities; and of course
- your unique approach to clinical practice
All of these things combined play a vital role in a successful medical marketing campaign.
Furthermore, ours is a professional industry demanding a unique style of communications to avoid conflict and to be AHPRA compliant.
To avoid wasted spending and disappointment on failed Google marketing campaigns or potential breaches of The Code, engage marketing professionals who understand the industry from hands-on experience.
Ashley Blacker is a medical marketing specialist who has worked at some of Australia’s leading healthcare institutions for 12+ years. He is widely regarded as one of the pioneers of doctor-to-patient marketing in Australia through the early adoption of emerging digital channels early in his career that helped doctors build their brand, significantly grow their patient volumes and pivot their clinical practice in a cost-effective way.
Ashley’s career has involved 5+ years working in the general practice and primary care sector, followed by 7+ years working in the specialist, research and tertiary care sector – exclusively in marketing and business development. He has been solely responsible for managing annual marketing budgets of up to $500,000 pa and in the process has developed a thorough understanding of what works to increase patient numbers, and what doesn’t.
- MBA (Finance & Business Law) (UTS)
- Bachelor of Communication (Advertising) (UWS)
- Diploma of Marketing Communications (UWS)
- Google, Ads Search Certified
- Google, Analytics IQ Certified
- Google, Tag Manager Certified
- Facebook, BluePrint Trained
- RACGP, GP CPD Point Education Certified
- Group Homes Australia (10+ Dementia & High Care Homes)
- Healthe Care Australia (35+ Private Hospitals)
- Evolution Healthcare (10+ Private Hospitals / Radiology)
- The Woolcock Institute (Medical Research)
- St Vincent Hospital, Sydney (Public Hospital)
- Eastbrooke Medical Centres (20+ General Practices)
- Ochre Health Medical Centres (10+ General Practices & VMOs)
- Software AG / WebMethods
Senior Website Developer
David Burden is a senior website developer who specialises in boutique custom-design websites. He blends his background in visual arts with 10+ years of website development (and > 20 doctor website projects completed) to deliver a unique digital shopfront that establishes your brand and separates your from your colleagues.
- Bachelor of Visual Arts (Photography & Printmaking)
Areas of Expertise
- Graphic design and animation
- Hosting (websites and email) & DNS management
- Google: Ads, Analytics, Tag Manager, My Business
Cloud Application Architect
Dylan Westbury is an application developer and web-service technology professional with an interest in cloud-based development. He translates and automate business problems into technology solutions to modernise your operation. He can also bring your application idea to life!
- Bachelor of eBusiness (IT) (Macq.)
Areas of Expertise
- Application development
- Google: Ads, Analytics, Tag Manager