I am a medical marketing and business development specialist who has worked at many of the largest medical centre and private hospital groups in Australia.
I have 12+ years of dedicated doctor and medical marketing experience – primarily in-house full-time roles, tasked with helping doctors increase their work volumes.
I completed a 2-year full-time MBA at UTS in Sydney and graduated with a distinction average. This provided me with excellent training in business strategy.
I was one of the first in Australia to pioneer doctor-to-patient digital marketing during my time working for doctors more than 10 years ago. This provided them with referral options outside of just local GPs.
During my career, I have spent approximately half my time working for general practice companies (5+ years) and the other half with hospitals and specialists (7+ years), as well as medical research organisations and the aged-care sector, which has provided an excellent foundation for understanding how the primary and tertiary sectors interact, the way to enhance GP and specialist referral networks and the relevant patient trends in elective surgery. This advanced area of medical marketing is something that marketing professionals with no medical-sector experience lack.
I have been solely responsible for managing marketing budgets of up to $500,000 pa for various healthcare companies, which granted me licence to experiment on a broad range of marketing options and develop a thorough understanding of what works to increase patient numbers and what doesn’t.
- MBA (Finance & Business Law) (UTS)
- Bachelor of Communication (Advertising) (UWS)
- Diploma of Marketing Communications (UWS)
- Google: Search, Analytics IQ and Tag Manager Certified
- Facebook: BluePrint Trained
- RACGP, GP CPD Point Education Certified
- Udemy Cinematography Course
- Medsolve (Medical Marketing)
- Group Homes Australia (Dementia, High Care & Palliative Care)
- Healthe Care Australia (35+ Private Hospitals around Australia)
- Evolution Healthcare (10+ Private Hospitals / Radiology around Australia)
- The Woolcock Institute of Medical Research (Sleep & Respiratory)
- St Vincent Public Hospital Sydney
- Eastbrooke Medical Centres (20+ GP around Australia)
- Ochre Health Medical Centres (30+ GP & Hospital VMO around Australia)
- Software AG / WebMethods (Internet & Database global company)